A prolific pubic speaker at institutions and universities worldwide. Areas of expertise include: Creativity and Disruptive Innovation, Art, Photography, Filmmaking, Fashion, Social Justice Advocacy, Diversity and Representation, Women, LGBTQ and Minorities in Film and Media, the Asian American Experience, Storytelling and Social Advocacy, Marketing, Women's Empowerment, Human Trafficking and Environmental Sustainability. Recent events include:
- Harvard University, "LGBTQ Representation, Sexual Equality and Liberation in Film and Law," Keynote speaker with Tom DeSanto (Xmen, Transformers), Pride and Prejudice: LGBTQ Film Festival & Symposium,Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, MA, October 2019
- Princeton University, "Using Your Voice," Panel, James Beard Foundation Chef Action Network Summit, Princeton NJ 2019.
- Parsons New School for Design, "Creative Careers: Making a Living with Your Ideas," Lecture, New York, NY, 2019
- University of Pennsylvania, "Mass Shootings and the Quest for Fame with Parkland Survivor-Activist Samantha Fuentes," Speaker and moderator, Slought Foundation, PA, 2019.
- University of Pennsylvania, "Representation, Symbolization and Indigineity" with Wonder Woman star Eugene Brave Rock and Eduardo Cadava. Speaker and moderator, Slought PA, 2019.
- Harvard University, Global Forum, "High Tech to High Touch: Technology, Media and Collaboration on Social Impact" at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2018
- Princeton University, "Filmmaking and Photography as Myth-Making, Shaping our Human Potential," Keynote Speaker, introduced by Poet Laureate Tracy K. Smith at the Princeton Creative Arts and Humanities Symposium, Princeton, NJ, 2018
- Princeton University, "She Roars" Speaker at Women in the Arts Showcase, Lewis Center for the Arts and Maclean House 2018 https://sheroars.princeton.edu/speaker/indrani/
- Princeton University, "We Flourish: Cultural Identity and Creative Identity: Asian and Asian American Artists and Authors," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, on "The Minds Behind the Most Creative Feats of Advertising and Brand Awareness" at AdThis, Dodds Auditorium, NJ
- New York University, "Masterclass in Photography," and "Masterclass in Lighting," NY, NY
- New York Film Academy: Masterclass, NY, NY
- Parsons, The New School for Design on "Fashion, Innovation and Sustainability," Mumbai, India
- Kalinga Institute of Social Studies on "Women's Equity, Empowerment, Excellence" KITT Institute, Orissa, India
- De La Salle College of Saint Benilde "Field Immersion with a Community of Indigenous People," with IPA and Exhibition at Benilde School of Design and Arts, Manila, Philippines
- Singularity University "Power of Media and Storytelling" at SAP New York, NY
- Princeton University, "Women in Film," Princeton Film Society, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, "Masterclass in Portraiture," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, "The Case for the Arts in an Age of Austerity" with Paul Muldoon, NJ
- Tribeca Film Festival - Disruptive Innovation Awards Symposium, NY 2019
- Max Mark-Cranbrook 2019 Global Peacemaker Award, "Art Film and Media for Social Justice and Human Rights Advocacy," Keynote speaker, Arab American Museum, MI, 2019
- Manhattan Project Revisited "Film, Photography and Social Justice" Keynote speaker, NY 2019
- New York Live Arts 2019 Host and Speaker "Live Ideas AI: Are You Ready for the Brave New World?" honoring Jeffrey Wright (Westworld) and Chris Anderson (TED), NY 2019
- CNN: "Girl Epidemic highlights human trafficking" with Quincy Jones, LA, 2018
- Global People's Summit United Nations, Co-Host, during the General Assembly at the UN, democratizing access to conversations and information that shapes the world, with the President of the GA and over 190 countries live, NY 2018.
- United Nations Women's Empowerment Day "Women and Diversity in Art and Film Shaping our Future" Keynote Speaker, United Nations Headquarters, 2018.
- United Nations Commission on the Status of Women and Global Women's Empowerment Network on "Women Illuminated," Anthology Film Archives, New York, NY 2018
- The Rubin Museum of Art, "My Village: Storytelling and Social Engagement," New York, NY
- Carnegie Hall, The Lucie Awards: "Celebrating the Masters of Photography," on "A Deeper Perspective" and "Moving Image Photographer of the Year," New York, NY
- Center Pompidou Paris, ASVOFF: "On Inspiration" with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet, Paris, France
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, San Diego, LJFFF on "The Mind of the Creative Achiever" San Diego, CA
- The American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) "Image-making and Branding: Iconic Authenticity and Sustainability," IDEASHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas, City College of NY
- PhotoSchweiz Masterclass, "Between Pop Culture and Social Engagement" photo16, Zurich, Switzerland
- The Influencers, "The Power of Art: Brilliance, Pushing Boundaries, The Creative Processes," NY
- The Influencers and Hassleblad presents "On Photography," Retreat at Camp Equinox, VA
- Sustainatopia "Social Entrepreneur Rockstars" LA
- London Fashion Film Festival "Fashion Filmmaking," London, UK
- North American Bengali Film Festival at NABC, Keynote on "Documentary Film" and "Building a Lasting Brand" Orlando FL
- Havergal College, Commencement Speaker, Toronto, CA
- HBO Movie: David Bowie, The Next Five Years
- Access Hollywood
- America's Next Top Model
Princeton University - Lewis Center for the Arts presents "An Interview with Indrani"
HBO Movies presents:
David Bowie: The Last Five Years
Director of "Valentine's Day" extensive footage presented within the film, and interviewed about her decade of work with David Bowie
Keynote Speaker & Host, New York Live Arts "AI: Are You Ready for the Brave New World?"
Live Ideas Humanities Symposium
with Jeffrey Wright (Westworld),
awarding TED's Chris Anderson, internet pioneer Jaron Lanier and Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company
"Imagemaking and Branding: Iconic Authenticity & Sustainability"
Keynote Speaker at "IDEA SHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas"
American Society of Media Photographers NY, City University of New York, Baruch College, New York, NY
"Creative individuals who have broken barriers, innovated in their fields and overcome obstacles to succeed, with Albert Watson, Gail Mooney, Douglas Dubler, Pierce Turner, Jon Levy. " http://idea-share.org/isspeakers/
"Master Photographer Indrani: Between Pop Culture & Social Engagement"
exhibition & screening
Harvard University, Global Forum presents
"High Tech to High Touch: Technology, Media and Collaboration on Social Impact"
at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2018
The Lucie Awards (The Oscars of Photography) at Carnegie Hall presents:
"Celebrating Masters of Photography"
Speaker and Presenter
for "A Deeper Perspective" and "Moving Image Photographer of the Year"
"Cultural Identity and Creative Identity: Asian and Asian American Artists and Authors"
Speaker and Presenter at Princeton University
"We Flourish" Panel
moderated by Monica Youn,
with Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi,
Akhil Sharma and Robert Lee
"On Creativity" New York Film Academy Masterclass
"On Inspiration" at Le Centre Pompidou, Paris
Diane Pernet Presents: ASVOFF A Shaded View of Fashion Film
Speaker with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet
"The Case for the Arts in an Age of Austerity" Panel at Princeton University
Lewis Center for the Arts, with Susan Jonas, Susan Haig, and David A. Chamberlain, moderated by Paul Muldoon, winner of Pulitzer Prize for Poetry and T.S. Eliot Prize
"Equity, Empowerment, Excellence"
Kalinga Institute KITT/KISS Orissa India, Keynote Speaker
Panel with Norwegian Ambassador to India Elvind S. Homme; Actress, Film Director and Social Activist Nandita Das; Writer, Actor and Political Commentator Suhel Seth; Founder KITT & KISS, Dr. Achyuta Samanta