A BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and women's advocate for racial and sexual equality, diversity, disruptive innovation and creativity, ethical art / filmmaking, mental health and the neurodivergent community, ecological sustainability, fighting sex trafficking and domestic violence. Featured on HBO, CNN, BBC, and a 6-part docu-series, Double Exposure on Bravo (NBC).
Princeton University Visiting Lecturer on "The Art of Mobilizing Millions for Social Justice and Human Rights." Organizer / Host, The Art of Anti-Racism and Social Justice; Keynote Creative Arts & Humanities Symposium, Engage 2020; Organizing Stories, "Mythography, Digital Storytelling, & Counter-Colonizing the Heteropatriarchal Gaze," and at Harvard University Kennedy Carr Center for Human Rights, Pride & Progress LGBT+ Film Symposium. Producer of the Hip Hop for Peace Summit 2021. Host of New York Live Arts - AI Humanities Symposium Gala.
Co-Founder/Director of Shakti Empowerment Education Foundation serving the lowest-income women and children in India, since 29 years. Chief Visionary Officer of ReadLS, innovative cognitive training for literacy, ADHD, and the neurodivergent community. Co-Founder/CMO of Launch Global empowering diverse emerging artists.
Selected events include:
UNIVERSITY LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS
- Princeton University, "Mythography, Digital Storytelling, and Counter-Colonizing the Heteropatriarchal Gaze," Organizing Stories, Humanities Council, Center for Human Valuees, Department of African American Studies and the African Humanities Colloquium, April 2021.
- Princeton University, "The Arts of Anti-Racism and Social Justice" Discussion, organizer and host, with Oscar-winner Mo'Nique, Black Lives Matter NY Co-Founder Hawk Newsome, civil rights activist Gina Belafonte, Indigenous activist/actor Eugene Brave Rock (Wonder Woman). Lewis Center for the Arts, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, December 2020.
- Princeton University, "The Art of Social Change" at Engage 2020 Innovation Conference, November 2020.
- Harvard University, "LGBTQ Representation, Sexual Equality and Liberation in Film and Law," Keynote speaker with Tom DeSanto (Xmen, Transformers), "Pride and Prejudice: LGBTQ Film Festival & Symposium," Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, MA, October 2019.
- Princeton University, "Using Your Voice," Panel, James Beard Foundation Chef Action Network Summit, Princeton NJ 2019.
- Parsons New School for Design, "Creative Careers: Making a Living with Your Ideas," Lecture, New York, NY, 2019.
- University of Pennsylvania, "Mass Shootings and the Quest for Fame with Parkland Survivor-Activist Samantha Fuentes," Speaker and moderator, Slought Foundation, PA, 2019.
- University of Pennsylvania, "Representation, Symbolization and Indigeneity" with Wonder Woman star Eugene Brave Rock and Eduardo Cadava. Speaker and moderator, Slought Foundation, PA, 2019.
- Harvard University, The Global Forum, "High Tech to High Touch: Technology, Media and Collaboration on Social Impact" at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2018.
- Princeton University, "Power and Responsibility: Filmmakers and Photographers as Myth-Makers, Shaping Human Potential," Keynote Speaker, introduced by Poet Laureate Tracy K. Smith at the Princeton Creative Arts and Humanities Symposium, Princeton, NJ, 2018.
- Princeton University, "Shakti as a Paragon of Women's Empowerment," Hindu Life Program, Office of Religious Life, Princeton University, NJ, October 2018.
- Princeton University, "She Roars" Speaker at Women in the Arts Showcase, Lewis Center for the Arts and Maclean House 2018 https://sheroars.princeton.edu/speaker/indrani/
- Princeton University, "We Flourish: Cultural Identity and Creative Identity: Asian and Asian American Artists and Authors," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ.
- Princeton University, on "The Minds Behind the Most Creative Feats of Advertising and Brand Awareness" at AdThis, Dodds Auditorium, NJ.
- New York University, "Masterclass in Photography," and "Masterclass in Lighting," NY.
- Parsons, The New School for Design, on "Fashion, Innovation and Sustainability," Mumbai, India.
- Kalinga Institute of Social Studies, on "Women's Equity, Empowerment, Excellence" KITT Institute, Orissa, India.
- De La Salle College of Saint Benilde, "Field Immersion with a Community of Indigenous People," with IPA and Exhibition at Benilde School of Design and Arts, Manila, Philippines.
- Singularity University, "Power of Media and Storytelling" at SAP New York, NY.
- Princeton University, "Women in Film," Princeton Film Society, Princeton, NJ.
- Princeton University, "Masterclass in Portraiture," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ.
- Princeton University, "The Case for the Arts in an Age of Austerity" with Paul Muldoon, NJ.
ARTS AND SOCIAL JUSTICE ORGANIZATIONS
- Clubhouse Creator First Finalist Club "Sacred Realms" presents: "Myth, Magic, Religion, Arts, and Science," sacred ways of seeing, being, and knowing, from an academic perspective. Interviews with academics, artists, and practitioners, dissecting the core issues of our times through an interconnected and holistic lens.
- Outfest Now and GLAAD present, "Mental Health and the Great Artist," Keynote Speaker, live online, January 2021.
- Live Med Aid, Doctors Without Borders presents, "Indrani Pal-Chaudhuri and Scientist Eric Donsky Discuss Art, Human Rights, and Pivoting Technology Against Coronavirus," May 2020.
- Tribeca Film Festival - Disruptive Innovation Awards, Symposium, NY 2019.
- Max Mark-Cranbrook 2019 Global Peacemaker Award, "Art Film and Media for Social Justice and Human Rights Advocacy," Keynote speaker, Arab American Museum, MI, 2019.
- Manhattan Project Revisited "Unwinding Nuclear Proliferation with Nobel Laureate Beatrice Fihn," Keynote Speaker, NY 2019.
- New York Live Arts 2019 Host and Speaker, "Live Ideas AI: Are You Ready for the Brave New World?" honoring Jeffrey Wright (Westworld) and Chris Anderson (TED), NY 2019.
- CNN, "Girl Epidemic Highlights Human Trafficking," with Quincy Jones, LA, 2018.
- Global People's Summit United Nations, Co-Host, during the General Assembly at the UN, democratizing access to conversations and information that shapes the world, with the President of the GA and over 190 countries live, NY 2018.
- United Nations Women's Empowerment Day "Women and Diversity in Art and Film Shaping our Future" Keynote Speaker, United Nations Headquarters, 2018.
- United Nations Commission on the Status of Women and Global Women's Empowerment Network on "Women Illuminated," Anthology Film Archives, New York, NY 2018.
- The Rubin Museum of Art, "My Village: Storytelling and Social Engagement," New York, NY.
- Carnegie Hall, The Lucie Awards, "Celebrating the Masters of Photography," on "A Deeper Perspective" and "Moving Image Photographer of the Year," New York, NY.
- Center Pompidou Paris, ASVOFF: "On Inspiration" with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet, Paris, France.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, San Diego, La Jolla Fashion Film Festival on "The Mind of the Creative Achiever" San Diego, CA.
- The American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) "Image-making and Branding: Iconic Authenticity and Sustainability," IDEASHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas, City College of NY.
- PhotoSchweiz Masterclass, "Between Pop Culture and Social Engagement" photo16, Zurich, Switzerland.
- The Influencers, "The Power of Art: Brilliance, Pushing Boundaries, The Creative Processes" NY.
- The Influencers and Hassleblad presents "On Photography," Retreat at Camp Equinox, VA.
- Sustainatopia "Social Entrepreneur Rockstars" LA.
- London Fashion Film Festival "Fashion Filmmaking" London, UK.
- North American Bengali Film Festival at NABC, Keynote on "Documentary Film" and "Building a Lasting Brand" Orlando FL.
- HBO Movie: David Bowie, The Next Five Years, Interviewee and director of content included.
- Access Hollywood
- America's Next Top Model
- New York Film Academy, "Masterclass with Indrani", New York.
United Nations presents:
Women's Entrepreneurship Day Summit, recipient of the Women's Entrepreneurship Distinguished Fellowship
Keynote Speaker on "Women and Diversity in Art and Film Shaping our Future."
At United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY, 2018.
Harvard University, The Global Forum presents:
"High Tech to High Touch: Technology, Media and Collaboration on Social Impact"
The new reality of entertainment and social impact: Together, with the power of media and Hollywood's ability to ignite positive social change, we'll turn advancements in technology into high impact solutions. With a focus on water, and our dependence on fossil fuels, we'll explore how technology, collaboration and community can come together to provide and implement solutions. With a select group of the brightest innovators, social entrepreneurs and filmmakers from across the globe.
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2018.
Doctors Without Borders presents:
Live Med Aid
"Indrani Pal-Chaudhuri and Scientist Eric Donsky Discuss Art, Human Rights,and Pivoting Technology Against Corona Virus,”
With Richard Garner, Dr. Jane Goodall, Dr. David Suzuki, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sophie Trudeau.
MSF. May 9, 2020. (Liveonline.)
Princeton University, Engage 2020 Conference on Innovation & Entrepreneurship presents:
"The Art of Social Change" with Indrani Pal-Chaudhuri
Keynote Speaker / Fireside Chat at with Rick Shwartz, producer of Black Swan, The Departed, Gangs of New York, and Till Human Voices Wake Us.
"Master Photographer Indrani: Between Pop Culture & Social Engagement"
Keynote Speaker, Exhibition & Screening
Princeton University, Masterclass with Jeff Whetstone on Advanced Photography
Clubhouse "Creator First" Finalist, Organizer/Co-Host, Sacred Realms : Myth, Magic, Religion, Arts, & Science
Sacred ways of seeing, being, and knowing, from an academic perspective. Interviews with academics, artists, and practitioners, dissecting the core issues of our times through an interconnected and holistic lens. With co-host anthropologist Eric Montgomery.
Discussions: "Interfaith World Religions"
with Rabbi Irwin Kula, Princeton University Hindu Chaplain Vineet Chander, Muslim scholar Ousama Alshurafa, and neuroscientist Deniz Ertzen, behavioral scientist Jon Levy, global health scientist Kunal Sood.
"Healing: Medicine, Magic, and Metaphysics"; "Social Justice, Sacred Solutions: Work with Purpose."
BBC / HBO Films presents:
David Bowie: The Last Five Years
Director of "Valentine's Day," extensive footage presented within the film, and interviewed about her experiences of over a decade of working with David Bowie.
New York Live Arts presents
"AI: Are You Ready for the Brave New World?"
Live Ideas Humanities Symposium and Gala,
Host and Keynote Speaker
With actor Jeffrey Wright (Westworld), TED's Chris Anderson, and internet pioneer Jaron Lanier
Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company
The Lucie Awards "The Oscars of Photography" at Carnegie Hall presents:
"Celebrating Masters of Photography"
Speaker and Presenter,
"A Deeper Perspective" and "Moving Image Photographer of the Year"
Princeton University, Lewis Center for the Arts and
We Flourish presents:
"Cultural Identity and Creative Identity: Asian and Asian- American Artists and Authors" Panel of Speakers /Presenters
Moderated by Monica Youn, with Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Akhil Sharma and Robert Lee.
New York Film Academy Masterclass presents: "On Creativity"
With Photography Co-Chair Paul Sunday www.nyfa.edu/film-school-blog/celebrity-photographer-indrani-speaks-at-nyfa-photography-school/
The Centre Pompidou, Paris, and Diane Pernet presents: ASVOFF A Shaded View of Fashion Film,
"On Inspiration," Speaker with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet
Kalinga Institute KITT / KISS Orissa, India presents: "International Women's Day: Equity, Empowerment, Excellence," Keynote Speaker
With Norwegian Ambassador to India Elvind S. Homme; Actress, Film Director and Social Activist Nandita Das; Writer, Actor and Political Commentator Suhel Seth; Founder KITT & KISS, Dr. Achyuta Samanta
Princeton University, Lewis Center for the Arts presents: "The Case for the Arts in an Age of Austerity" Panel
With Susan Jonas, Susan Haig, and David A. Chamberlain, moderated by Paul Muldoon, Pulitzer Prize for Poetry and T.S. Eliot Prize winner
American Society of Media Photographers presents: IDEA SHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas
"Image Making and Branding: Iconic Authenticity & Sustainability"
City University of New York, Baruch College, New York NY
"Creative individuals who have broken barriers, innovated in their fields and overcome obstacles to succeed, with Albert Watson, Gail Mooney, Douglas Dubler, Pierce Turner, Jon Levy."
The North American Bengali Conference (NABC) Orlando presents:
Keynote Speaker at North American Bengali Film Festival, "The Arts and Film" Documentaries Section, and"Building a Lasting Brand" at The Bengal-USA Business Leaders' Forum.
Larry King Live
Interviewed by Larry King on the finale of the Bravo TV 6-part Double Exposure docu-series featuring Indrani and her multimedia work for fashion, art, and social justice.
Interviews on LGBTQ+ views, art, and social justice, with former creative partner Markus Klinko.