Indrani has been invited to speak at the most prestigious institutions and universities. Topics include: innovation, inspiration, creativity, photography, filmmaking, social activism, women's empowerment, women and diversity in film and media, human trafficking and environmental sustainability. Recent events include:
- Harvard University, Global Forum 2018, "High Tech to High Touch: Technology, Media and Collaboration on Social Impact" at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA
- Princeton University, "We Flourish: Cultural Identity and Creative Identity: Asian and Asian American Artists and Authors," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, on "The Minds Behind the Most Creative Feats of Advertising and Brand Awareness" at AdThis, Dodds Auditorium, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, on "Women in Film," Princeton Film Society, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University, "Masterclass in Portraiture," Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton, NJ
- New York University, "Masterclass in Photography," NY, NY
- Carnegie Hall, The Lucie Awards: "Celebrating the Masters of Photography," on "A Deeper Perspective" and "Moving Image Photographer of the Year," New York, NY
- Center Pompidou Paris, ASVOFF: "On Inspiration" with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet, Paris, France
- United Nations Commission on the Status of Women and Global Women's Empowerment Network on "Women Illuminated," Anthology Film Archives, New York, NY
- The Rubin Museum of Art on "My Village: Storytelling and Social Engagement," New York, NY
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, San Diego and LJFFF on "The Mind of the Creative Achiever" San Diego, CA
- The American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) IDEASHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas, on "Image-making and Branding: Iconic Authenticity and Sustainability," City College of NY, Baruch, New York, NY
- PhotoSchweiz Masterclass on "Between Pop Culture and Social Engagement" at photo16, Zurich, Switzerland
- New York Film Academy: Masterclass, New York, NY
- The Influencers, on "The Power of Art: Brilliance, Pushing Boundaries, The Creative Processes," New York, NY
- The Influencers and Hassleblad presents "On Photography," Retreat at Camp Equinox, VA
- Sustainatopia "Social Entrepreneur Rockstars Panel" LA, CA
- London Fashion Film Festival on "Fashion Filmmaking," London, UK
- Parsons, The New School for Design (ISDI) on "Fashion, Innovation and Sustainability," Mumbai, India
- Kalinga Institute of Social Studies on "Women's Equity, Empowerment, Excellence" KITT Institute, Orissa, India
- De La Salle College of Saint Benilde "Field Immersion with a Community of Indigenous People," with IPA and Exhibition at Benilde School of Design and Arts, Manila, Philippines
- North American Bengali Film Festival at NABC, Keynote on "Documentary Film" and "Building a Lasting Brand" Orlando FL
- Havergal College: Commencement Speaker at Graduation, Toronto, CA
Princeton University - Lewis Center for the Arts
Presents: An Interview with Indrani
"IDEA SHARE: Innovation, Inspiration & Ideas"
Keynote Speaker on "Imagemaking and Branding:
Iconic Authenticity & Sustainability"
American Society of Media Photographers NY at Mason Hall, City University of New York, Baruch College, NY
"Creative individuals who have broken barriers, innovated in their fields and overcome obstacles to succeed." Speaking with Albert Watson, Gail Mooney, Douglas Dubler, Pierce Turner.
Keynote Speaker on
"Between Pop Culture & Social Engagement"
Exhibition and screening of Girl Epidemic and David Bowie's Valentine's Day.
Zurich, January 2016 www.photo-schweiz.ch/de/agenda/
The Lucie Awards at Carnegie Hall: "Celebrating
Speaker and Presenter
and "Moving Image Photographer
of the Year"
International Fashion Film Awards with Cinemoi
Winner of "Best Film" and Nominated for "Best Director"
for Till Human Voices Wake Us, Los Angeles
New York Film Academy Masterclass Speaker
Lincoln Center NY Presents:
"Since its founding, Lincoln Center has presented and commissioned the world's greatest visual artists and we are delighted to continue that tradition with [this] exhibit," said Andrew Kalish, Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Develoment of Lincoln Center. "Globally esteemed celebrity and fashion photography and director who have captured many of today's most provocative pop culture legends, will celebrate the release of ICONS...with a public art exhibition at the David Rubenstein Atrium and Alice Tully Hall."
The Prince's Trust, Phillips House London
"1988-2013: The Greatest Photographs"
"What makes a truly great portrait?... Is it the ability to capture the very marrow of its subject? Or is it simply to titillate and entertain? These are the critical questions that have been debated, contested, chewed over and demanded of seior GQ staff for the past 12 months in the run-up to our 25th anniversary as we set about the task of sifting through every photograph ever commissioned...to select the 50 best of our lifetime." --James Mullinger, GQ Photographic Director
"Does this carry the same weight as a genuine photograph, and is that important to you? Its an interesting dilemma." David Bowie on this digitally created image that Indrani devised to celebrate his lifetime achievement prize at the GQ Men of the Year Awards.
National Portrait Gallery at the Smithsonian Institute
Presents: "Dancing the Dream"
Curated by Amy Henderson, Washington DC
Los Angeles Independent Film Festival
Legend of Lady White Snake won 4 Awards:
"Best Visual Effects" "Best Production Design"
"Best Costume Design"
Centre Pompidou, Paris
Speaker on "Inspiration" with Daphne Guinness and Diane Pernet
Diane Pernet Presents: ASVOFF A Shaded View of Fashion Film
Princeton Film Festival
Lewis Center for the Arts, Princeton University
Won "Best of Fest" both Jury and Audience Award
Director Indrani and Creative Director and Producer GK Reid, for Legend of Lady White Snake
The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, La Jolla Fashion Film Festival, Won 5 Awards:
"Best Visual Effects"
"Best Costume Design"
"Red Camera Award"
Larry King Live Interview
for the final episode of
Docu-Series on Bravo
Indrani and Markus Klinko
Pacific Design Center, Month of Photography LA and Flaunt Magazine
presents: ICONS Exhibition by Markus + Indrani
Angel Orensanz Foundation for Contemporary Art and Bravo
Markus + Indrani
Photographic Exhibition and Premiere for Double Exposure
Art Basel Miami: In Fashion Photo
present Markus + Indrani Exhibition
ISDI Parsons, The New School for Design Mumbai, Indian School of Design and Innovation
Speaker on "Fashion, Innovation and Sustainability"
One of the most prestigious schools of art and design in the world, having established one of the first programs in the US in fashion design, interior design, and graphic design, Parsons has a long legacy of art and design innovation. March 2015
Kalinga Institute of Technology,
Keynote Speaker: "International Women's Day: Equity, Empowerment, Excellence"
With Elvind S. Homme, Norwegian Ambassador to India; Suhel Seth, Noted Writer; Nandita Das, Noted Actress, Film Director and Social Activist; Dr. Achyuta Samanta, Founder KIIT & KISS, Orissa India
North American Bengali Film Festival at NABC Orlando FL
Keynote Speaker on "The Arts and Film" in the Documentary Section
and Keynote Speaker on "Building a Lasting Brand"
at the Bengal-USA Business Leaders' Forum
Miss & Mr. South Asia Awards, San Francisco
Keynote Speaker and Presenter
Miss India USA
Judge and Awards Presenter; Recipient of the Elite Awards